John, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Appliance repair business owner for over 43 years.
12064207

My refrig doesnt get cold anymore nor frezzer frezze I have

Customer Question

My refrig doesnt get cold anymore nor frezzer frezze I have it up to 9 9 on both sides I have coolers and everthing on ice outside. Please help me
Category: Appliance
Expert:  John replied 4 years ago.

Hi thanks for the question.

When you pulled it out to clean the back was the compressor and the fan motor going.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Yes the fan was compresser is that big chubby black thing?
Expert:  John replied 4 years ago.

Yes thats the chubby black thing.

Was it warm and going.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Yes it was pretty hot and their was noise i believe.
Expert:  John replied 4 years ago.

Check the freezer coils for frost.

If the coils are frosted up you have a defrost problem.

John, Home Appliance Technician
Experience: Appliance repair business owner for over 43 years.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Yes coils meaning on the inside of frezzer yes emptied out all smelling food cleaned and wiped all frost from coils and walls im going to take a peek to see if thiers more build-up ohhhhhhhh nooooooooo now i know in the back now frost just dust
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Just dust in the back and frost on inside walls
Expert:  John replied 4 years ago.

Great So its the dust coils causing the problem.

Its a very important part of the cooling process.

Thanks and God Bless.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Okay but its still not getting cold after 24 hours i did that all yesterday and still not cold
Expert:  John replied 4 years ago.
So are the coils free of frost now and is the freezer fan going.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
The fan in the back which i opened yes thats running or is there another fan? Cause its not getting cold its making me nuts!
Expert:  John replied 4 years ago.
In the freezer theres one fan motor and in the back by the compressor theres one as well.You will have to look at the freezer coils and see if any of the coils are cold or just some of the coils.If its just cold on some of the coils you have a system problem.A leak or a failed compressor.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Okay got it ill check thank you so much god bless and sleep well
Expert:  John replied 4 years ago.
Thanks and you as well.