Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.
10522817

I have an electric Magic Chef self clean stove Model 38BA

I have an electric Magic Chef self clean stove Model 38BA 2CW (older model) - the oven lock following self-clean cycle won't release. I've even turned off the breaker for over 20 minutes with no success. The clean light continues to stay on as well. Do you have an answer?
this being an old oven its hard to bring up any diagrams for it, you have a bad lock assembly in this though, the problem is without diagrams or parts lists you will need to call for service, the tech will be able to get this open and check the part and see if its still available, I've tried to pull up the parts but cant get them (they take them out of the data bases after so many years) unfortunatly if you want this repaired you will need to call service. sorry, thanks Bryan