Appliance Man
Appliance Man, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Appliance tech 4 years
13888241

KitchenAid refridgerator KSRG25FKBL01 stopped making ice.

Customer Question

KitchenAid refridgerator KSRG25FKBL01 stopped making ice. Replaced filter, but no dice. Ice maker is dry. LED is not illuminated. Pulled out emitter & receiver boards. Tried water dispenser in door - it works but won't shut off! ('cuz boards still out?) Locked out door panel, & this stopped water. Reconnected boards- There is AC (heater) power to both. There is 10VDC to emitter bulb. Shorting "T" & "H" test points on ice maker causes fingers to rotate around. However, ice maker remains dry. Unlocked door panel, and water dispenses (after sputtering for a while) and shuts off normally. Light, ice crusher, everything is normal except no ice. Should I replace boards, or is the water line frozen?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Appliance Man replied 7 years ago.
Disconnect the ice maker water line from the water valve and blow through it. If it is clear then replace the boards.
Customer: replied 7 years ago.

"Disconnect the ice maker water line from the water valve..." Where is this water valve? internal to the refridgerator, or are you referring to the supply plumbing? Do I need to take something else apart? I was hoping for more of a silver bullet...

The water valve is on the back of the unit where the house supply hooks up to the fridge.
Customer: replied 7 years ago.

OK, I'll give it a shot.

thanks

Ok