Mike, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  I have been repairing appliances for 25 years, I run my own appliance repair business.

I have a LG WD-1274 FHB which has Door Error coming up (dE)...we

Customer Question

I have a LG WD-1274 FHB which has Door Error coming up (dE)...we have removed the powder drawer as we understand that this could be the problem if it was clogged but the error is still occurring.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Mike replied 6 years ago.
Hi, here is the meaning of the DE Error code and the corrective action. If the gasket is not blocking the door closing the door lock will need to be replaced. Mike
"dE" Door open error. Cause: door not all the way closed, loose electrical connections at door switch and pwb assembly.The door switch assembly is out of order. Gasket on door maybe creased in. Try opening and closing the door, sheck to see the gasket isn't jamming
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
I know this (and more) already from the manual and what is available on the internet for free!! I thought you would give me some more information
Expert:  Mike replied 6 years ago.
You mentioned you had removed the powder drawer, this had nothing to do with the powder drawer, you made no reference to the door latch. I can't help you If I don't know what information you are looking for. This is a door lock error. What would you like to know? Mike
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Apologies - lets cut our losses at this stage as cutting and pasting a reply from a manual was not what i expected.....
Expert:  Mike replied 6 years ago.
Ok thats fine, You posted you had a DE code and thought it was a problem with the powder dispenser. Normally the way this works is I tell you what it means (unless you tell me you know what it means) and then I answer any questions you may have. Have a good one. Mike
Expert:  Mike replied 6 years ago.
have opted out, if you are still looking for help do not respond and someone else will help you.