Appliance Medic
Appliance Medic, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Factory Trained CFC Technician
13570846

My frig is 3 years old side by side counter depth. The freezer

My frig is 3 years old side by side counter depth. The freezer is working but the refig side. I have cleaned everything and restarted the frig but nothing. Can you help me?
Hello do you hear a fan running in the freezer?
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Yes, the fan is constantly running.
Ok do you see frost on the back panel in the freezer?
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Yes, there was some frost. I cleaned out the ice cubes that were sitting there yesterday but there is still some frost.
Great common issue with this unit its called a adc it control the automatic defrost function. When it fails the evap will frost up not letting the fan pull air like it should. Do you want the part number?
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Yes please. Is this something I can replace myself?
Yes here is a link click here

The part does come with instructions if you are handy you can do this. You may also want to replace the defrost term switch at the same time they work together.
Customer: replied 7 years ago.

I orderd the part from the site you directed me to. It was the control board. Was this correct? I couldn't find anything called an adc it control. I could also not find the Defrost Term Switch. I recieved the control board, installed it correctly and my frig is still not cold. Did i get the right part? Is the other part called something else?

Thanks,Geoff