Appliance Tech Larry
Appliance Tech Larry, Home Appliance tech
Experience:  Over 35 years of in home appliance repair and service
14308609

We have a Maytag Mod. MER575OBAB Ser. 10202807AT Oven and

We have a Maytag Mod. MER575OBAB Ser. 10202807AT Oven and the red burner indicator lights on stovetop do not work but all burners work...the lights do not.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Appliance Man replied 4 years ago.

Does broil work?

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
We haven't tried the broiler or the oven......we just know that the cooktop burners work.
Ok so the burners work but the hot surface indicators dont?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Also the stove is in a rental house and not close to where we live so we can't check the broiler right now.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Yes, that is correct.
Expert:  Appliance Tech Larry replied 4 years ago.
will it come on if you turn any of the burners on
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

No the light wont come on with any of the burners on......that's why we are having such a problem.

one of the burner switches is bad and not suppling power to the lights but you need a tech to come out and test the switches to know for sure which one of the four it is or you may spend money on the ones not needed
Experience: Over 35 years of in home appliance repair and service
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Well, I was finally able to get online again at the Library and I want to tell you what was wrong with this whole problem. We did end up buying a switch for like 35.00 which we didn't end up needing at all and we bought another part we didn't need because we were finally able to get a tester out there and test everything and it turned out that the guy who owned the house before wired the outlet wrong. My husband was able to re-wire it the correct way and the problem was solved. Everything now works. Your questions and answers were able to lead us in the right direction. Thanks, we are now accepting. JoAnn & Mike.

thanks and sorry i was worng but happy i could help ,, you have a happy holiday