Appliance Medic
Appliance Medic, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Factory Trained CFC Technician
13570846

We have a GE model # WSM2420TAZWW washer & dryer. The dryer

We have a GE model # XXXXX washer & dryer. The dryer is not working properly. There is no hot air coming out. Do I need to replace something?
Hello you need to make sure with a volt meter that you have 220v to the unit first. If so i would suspect the element is bad. This is not a easy job to get into this unit it is in depth to take apart.
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
I don't believe it is the vault meter. It has been working fine since we had the unit. It is around 10 years old. Are you suggesting we should replace it?
A volt meter is a tool you use to check voltage you need to make sure the unit is getting 220v from the breaker. If you do that the element is most likely the issue. The average cost to replace the element in this unit is around 280 dollars.