Appliance Man
Appliance Man, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Appliance tech 4 years

I am looking at the 24 portable sears kenmore dishwasher

I am looking at the 24 " portable sears kenmore dishwasher model 1772 which is energy star (saver) . there are no ratings for this item on the sears site --which is odd. the other portable dishwasher that they have is the model 1776 which does have a 4 star rating...i'd like to be energy efficient but i don't want to buy something that has no rating...can you help me. thank you
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Appliance Man replied 6 years ago.
Yes you need to buy the 1776 if you want it to be energy star rated. The 1772 is not energy star rated.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
oh i'm sorry. i guess my question was not clear. I don't want to buy an appliance that i've not seen a rating or review of. i was asking your OPINION of the 1772 model SINCE i could not find any customer reviews or ratings of this product. The model 1776 has ratings and reviews and it is NOT energy efficient. What i want to know: is the 1772 a good product or not. thank you
For a portable dishwasher it is one of the best. Kenmore doesnt make there own appliance they put there name on whatever consumer reports rates best for the year. This is built buy whirlpool and shouldn't have many problems.