John, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Appliance repair business owner for over 43 years.
12064207

Dyson dc28 handle is stuck in the locked and upright position.

Customer Question

Dyson dc28 handle is stuck in the locked and upright position. How do I release the handle so I can run the machine. Works fine otherwise.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Bryan replied 7 years ago.
there should be a padel in the back of this near the floor that you need to step on, try tilting the vacume back a bit and then step on the pedal we have that trouble with our dison also sometimes, it gets stuck and I have to step on it while its tilted back sometimes I even have to tap it kinda hard to get it released, let me know thanks Bryan
Customer: replied 7 years ago.

Hi Bryan,

Thanks for getting back to me about this pesky machine. I'm confused. I don't see anything that looks like a pedal that I can push. I'm looking at my vac now. It's laying on it's front so that I'm looking at the bottom of the machine. The beater bar is resting against the floor with the wheels up on top. Between the wheels is a U-shaped clear tube with a little hatch door (looks like a clean out). Just below that is a clear accordian tube that goes from the beater bar to the canister. To the left of the clear tube is a hook shaped gray piece about 3/4" wide. Is this the pedal your talking about? I tried stepping on it (my foot motion is down towards the beater bar). Is that correct? It didn't unlock the handle, but I may not be pressing hard enough. Thank you so much for your help.

Expert:  Bryan replied 7 years ago.
sorry to be so long getting back to you, let me do some more research on this tomorrow and I'll get back to you, thanks Bryan