MASTER-TECH, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  30 years in the trade, lead tech in large company, always training on the newest technology

I have a Bosch WFC 3200 Washer. It smells moldy inside. My

Customer Question

I have a Bosch WFC 3200 Washer. It smells moldy inside. My husband took it apart and the hoses are not blocked however, water seems to sit in the pump motor housing even if you do an extra spin. It never empties completely and then it sits there and creates mold. The pump is turning and appears to be working but it never completely empties the water from the pump housing - it always leaves some (maybe a cup) that molds over time. Help - how do we fgix this recurring problem.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  MASTER-TECH replied 6 years ago.

You can put two cups of bleach in to the tub followed by two cups of water to rinse the bleach off the spin tub. Let sit over night and run a hot wash cycle empty to clear it. If you do not use the unit for long periods of time pur a 1/4 cup of white vinager after the last load. This will keep it fresh until the next use. Click here for Washer magic cleaner this will also help if you do not want to do the bleach. It also helps more if you are in a hard water area. A soft brush and white vinager to clean the gray door seal. Do not mix the bleach and vigar. You can run a rinse/drain cycle inbetween.

Thank you....

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
I have done all of that, incuding using the cleaner. If water does not drain fully from the pump area, how do I solve that? Is there a diagram manual available for the washer? This is not solved by using bleach or cleaner - water does not drain fully from the pump - is that normal?
Yes the pump will always have water left in it. If the smell is fairly mild this may be the best that it will get unless the boot(door seal) is replased. There may also be a water ring (like the one at the water line in a house tub) if you do a lot of cold washing this line will build up above the water line in the outer tub. If the cleaners are not getting this clean the outer tub may have to be accessed and scrubbed.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
OK thank you.