MASTER-TECH
MASTER-TECH, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  30 years in the trade, lead tech in large company, always training on the newest technology
24031813

I have a GE model number gss25Ifrfbb side by side refrigerator

Customer Question

I have a GE model number gss25Ifrfbb side by side refrigerator not freezing. I unplugged and cleaned all of the lint that was behind it and it worked for a few minutes. I unplugged it to do some additional cleaning and once it was plugged back in the refrigerator is making some clicking noises in the back of the refrigerator
Category: Appliance
Expert:  MASTER-TECH replied 7 years ago.

The mother board likely got shock when it was plugged back in. Try unplugging it for two minutes and then see if it runs. These boards do not come back very often though. It is #801 on the look up. Most local parts stores will carry this item and you will not have to wait for an online order.

Click here for parts

Thank you...

Customer: replied 7 years ago.

I did as you instructed and the fridge is still clicking from the motherboard area after I took off the panel. I can clearly see this is the area so should I just go and purchase a new one and hook the new one back up.

Yes