MASTER-TECH, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  30 years in the trade, lead tech in large company, always training on the newest technology

What is that flaking off the inside. I have a Kenmore heavy

What is that flaking off the inside. I have a Kenmore heavy duty washer that I bought from a used appliance dealer. It looks like a layer of film of some kind. Its hard to peel off by hand, but it comes off in flakes everytime I wash something. Got any ideas on this? RH
Category: Appliance
Expert:  MASTER-TECH replied 6 years ago.
Can you get me the model # XXXXX under the lid? Please use " " around the model #.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
"Model 110. 92273100"

It is residue or hard water deposits of the last user. You can try a hot load with 3 cups of bleach in it, or use washer magic(special cleaner for washers good for hard water areas). When you use these to clean it be sure to add 2 gallons of water to it after it has stopped filling. This will raise the water level above the ring on the outer tub and not over flow it. I have included a video of how to remove the cabinet if you want to get in there and clean it manually. All you have to do after the cabinet is removed is pop off the splash ring and you can get in there with a brush.

Washer magic click here

Cabinet video

Thank you...