MASTER-TECH
MASTER-TECH, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  30 years in the trade, lead tech in large company, always training on the newest technology
24031813

I have a whirlpool duet front loader washer. The large door

I have a whirlpool duet front loader washer. The large door seal gasket has developed a small hole on the underside which leaks water into the interior and underside of the machine. the model # XXXXX XXXXX the serial # XXXXX XXXXX type # XXXXX 082WT/gy. Can I buy a replacement gasket for this machine and how difficult is the repair procedure? I am moderately proficient with tools and can probably make repair myself.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  MASTER-TECH replied 7 years ago.

The part#(NNN) NNN-NNNN it is about $95. It is #5 on the lookup below.

Click here for parts.

The repair is not very hard. You will have to take your time with the new bellows. They sometimes come wrinkled and will be hard to fit and get the clamps back on.

Open the door and locate the sping clap on the bottom of the bellows where the door meets it. Pull it off and then pull the bellows off of the front panel. Remove the fill tub and turn the bellows to the inside of the drum. Here you can remove the outer clamp and remove the bellows. Install the new bellows and if the door does not want to stay closed use a little detergent on the glass and run a cycle with hot water. If you keep the door closed after the first few cycles it will help to shape the new bellows.

Thank you...