Appliance Tech Larry
Appliance Tech Larry, Home Appliance tech
Experience:  Over 35 years of in home appliance repair and service

My washing machine bounces around on the spin cycle like its

My washing machine bounces around on the spin cycle like it's off balance - but it's not off balance. The bowl inside moves around but does not move back to the center of the machine.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Appliance Tech Larry replied 4 years ago.
may i have the model number please
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Where would I find that at on the machine?
if its a top loading washer you will raise the lid and look at the back under the lid on the sticker
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
LSB6300LW0
open the lid and pull the tub over to the side and tell me if it goes back in place
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
no
it stays over
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
yes
try it in all directions and tell me please
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
yes - whatever direction I put it in it stays there
you need to replace the snubber pads ,, part number 285219 for the set but you really need a tech to come out and do the repair ,, the washer has to be torn down to get to them and you will also have to replace the tub seal or it will leak ,,, the pad are #16 in this picture
graphic
you have to remove the cabinet, the inner and outer tubs and down to the transmisson / thanks
graphic
graphic
graphic
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
are the parts expensive - would it just be better to get a new machine
the parts are cheap but the labor will be high ,,, the parts may cost as much as $30 for all but labor will run for a job like this between $250 and $300 ,,, as i said this is a really hard job to do so you may be looking at around $350 for the complete repair ,, sorry for bad news but no need telling you something that isnt so / Larry
Experience: Over 35 years of in home appliance repair and service