Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.

Ice cubes literally all stuck together in ice cube bin of automatic

Ice cubes literally all stuck together in ice cube bin of automatic maker even though freezer temp as low as it can go. Door closes properly. Door not held open for long periods. GE side by side model #GSL22JFTC. Help, tired of using ice pick!
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 6 years ago.
this is actually a common issue with this unit and the problem is the control board on the back of the unit. The issue is that the unit goes through defrost too long not cutting out and warms everything up just enough for the cubes to melt slightly and reform together. To access, you will need to pull the unit out and look about 1/2 way up the back to access the control board. Here is a link to the part you will want to replace and order.

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Do you really think I have to replace entire mother board ($173) to get ice from freezing together?
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 6 years ago.
yes you will. It's a very common issue actually. I've had to replace at least 5 for the exact same problem. The first time I had seen it a few years ago, GE didn't even know what to do about it so it took a while to figure it out. Since then I've seen several and all have been fixed by replacing the board.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
The "parts link" for the mother board lists a model number different than my model number of GSL22JFTCBS. Is this still the correct part number (PS2364946) for this model?
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 6 years ago.
yes, this part is used for many models. I typed in your model number and when it brings up the part for your model it just brings up the model that the part was saved too first. Just a bad way that the site was designed. Either way, yes i assure you it's correct.