Eric, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Factory/company training at MAJOR retailer, now owns and operates an appliance repair business.

My Jenn-Air oven (Maytag Model SVE47600B) with control screen

My Jenn-Air oven (Maytag Model: SVE47600B) with control screen PN: 71001799 code date 49-97 waited until Thanksgiving morning to misbehave. During a cooking process in the 400 deg. F range the oven shutdown, the alert tone went on, and an error message came on the screen. The oven door locked and I had to power down the unit to unlatch (with the assistance of a bent metal rod) and recover the items in the oven. Since that incident upon powering up the stove (now totally at room temperature) the audible alert comes on and cannot be silenced and all soft push buttons are inactive. The oven fan also runs. Would these symptoms indicate a new control is probably in order or some other external device or both? Thank you for any help or advice you can pass my way on this problem up here Alaska.

Harold Poulson XXX@XXXXXX.XXX
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Eric replied 4 years ago.
Hello!
Waht was the error message you saw?
Thanks!
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
According to a grandson that witnessed the event the error message read "FC" - I trust he had this correct since I did not see it myself.
Expert:  Eric replied 4 years ago.
Thanks!
That error , if correct, indicates a communication error between the PRB and the rest of the machine, which simply means that either the J2 wire harness, which connects the ERC (oven control) to the PRB (power relay board) has failed, OR the J2 board, which IS the power relay board has failed. I have seen BOTH of these cause the FC error, so they must BOTH be checked. First check the harness for good connectivity on both ends, and physically check that there are no breaks in the wires on the harness before ruling it out and replacing the PRB. I have provided a link to the COMPLETE service manual for you machine as a bonus, which will tell you exactly how to access these parts in you machine, as well as ALL other pertinent technical information about your machine. Please let me know if you need further information. CLICK HERE FOR SERVICE MANUAL.
Thanks!
Eric, Home Appliance Technician
Experience: Factory/company training at MAJOR retailer, now owns and operates an appliance repair business.