Eric, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Factory/company training at MAJOR retailer, now owns and operates an appliance repair business.

I have a GE Prodigy Profile Wash Machine and the tub seemed

I have a GE Prodigy Profile Wash Machine and the tub seemed to have come loose and when it spins in rotates violently inside
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Eric replied 6 years ago.
Is it doing this when set on a spin cycle EVEN with no load, and does it appear to be the WASH BASKET that is moving excessively or the ENTIRE basket/tub assembly that you feel is moving excessively?
You can check by removing the front cover from the cabinet by inserting a putty knife or small screwdriver between the front and top panels, approximately 4-6 inches from each corner, pressing the spring clips there, then pulling OUT on the top of the FRONT panel, then lift it off the lower clips. Now you can SEE exactly what the ENTIRE tub assembly is doing during the cycle.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Yes even with no load. The Entire Basket/Tub assembly. Seems like it just fell down off something.
Expert:  Eric replied 6 years ago.

You will need to remove the front as I stated earlier, then check the suspension rods and bushings, labeled 414, 415 and 419 in the diagram. I suspect a suspension rod bushing has failed and caused the entire tub assembly to drop into the cabinet. VERY easy fix, but check them all. Please let me know if you need further information. Thanks!