Mike, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  I have been repairing appliances for 25 years, I run my own appliance repair business.
22302088

GE Profile Oven Is Not Heating or Working.

GE Profile gas oven is not heating. The broiler is working, as are all four stove burners. I tried to preheat the oven to 450 but the display remains at 100.

There's barely any heat in the oven after about 20 minutes. The oven worked earlier this morning.

Thanks.

Category: Appliance
Expert:  Mike replied 7 years ago.

Hello.

The problem here is going to be the igniter. Even though the old one may glow they get old and do not get hot enough to either ignite the gas or open the valve.

You should replace the igniter.

Customer: replied 7 years ago.

Thanks.

That's for a GE repairman, I assume?

I mean, it's not something that we can do ourselves, correct?

Expert:  Mike replied 7 years ago.
It's fairly easy to do but its also fairly inexpensive to have someone else do it. If you have a repairman complete it, don't call GE you will get charged a huge amount for a simple job. Just call someone local who repairs all makes and models and get estimates. If you give me the full model number that will be in the drawer can give you the part number and instructions.
Let me know.
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
It's JGSP48 B0H4BB
Expert:  Mike replied 7 years ago.
Ok here is a schematic. You would access the igniter by taking the drawer out and the floor of the oven. You would need to remove the burn plate. Once these are out you would replace the igniter from the top by taking out two screws and unplugging the igniter from its wire harness/ Plug the new one in and replace the two screws and the floor of the oven and your done!
The part you are replacing is number 316 and can be purchased from this site.
Expert:  Mike replied 7 years ago.
Ok your very welcome, save a cookie for me :)