How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Bryan Your Own Question
Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Category: Appliance
Satisfied Customers: 12156
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.
Type Your Appliance Question Here...
Bryan is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Water coming out of the in door tap of my Whirlpool, model

Resolved Question:

Water coming out of the in door tap of my Whirlpool, model ED5JHEXTOOO purchased in Apr 2008,
has white ribbon-like things floating in the water. I changed the filter and ran more than two gallons through but this didn't fix the problem. I don't have these floatie thing coming out of my faucet.
Submitted: 6 years ago.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Bryan replied 6 years ago.
are you refering to the dispenser where the water and ice come out ?
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Expert:  Bryan replied 6 years ago.
the white ribbon things is most likely caused by the water chiller reservoir, some these get sedement in them and it breaks loose and come out of the tube and into the water, you will need to replace the reservoir, all this is is a rolled upi 1/4" tube located behind the chrisper drawer in the fresh food section, Part(NNN) NNN-NNNN width= you can get this @ thanks Bryan
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
How difficult is it to replace a new reservior and can I use tubing from home depot.
Also, are the floatie things contaminated and bad to drink?
Expert:  Bryan replied 6 years ago.
well I beleive you can buy the tubing from home depot I'm just not sure how long it is, the tubbing should just pull out through the holes in the back of the fresh food section and have connectors it goes to. you should be able to do it, thanks Bryan
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Can the reservior be removed and not replaced and still use the water?
Expert:  Bryan replied 6 years ago.
well you could do that but you wouldnt have chilled water, you can trace the lines and put a connector in between the two and that would do it,
Bryan and 4 other Appliance Specialists are ready to help you

Related Appliance Questions