Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.

I have a GE refridgerator with a Ice Maker that has stopped

I have a GE refridgerator with a Ice Maker that has stopped making Ice. Is there a quick solution for this problem. It is a double door with the freezer on the left side.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Bryan replied 6 years ago.
does the ice maker cycle? (do the fingers move)
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
I'm not sure what you mean by fingers. When I request Ice..I can hear it turning inside, if that is what you mean.
Expert:  Bryan replied 6 years ago.
ok so your talking about the disensor not dispesing the ice to your cup correct?
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
no..there are no ice cubes being made to be dispensed. almost like it is getting on water to make the ice.
Expert:  Bryan replied 6 years ago.
ok, the first thing you need to check is the tube that feeds the ice maker inside the freezer in the back, these sometimes freeze and need to be defrosted with a hair dryer, if that doesnt work you will need to replace the water valve. Part 880070this is located where the water line from the house connects to the refrigerator in the back, you can get this at , thanks Bryan