MASTER-TECH
MASTER-TECH, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  30 years in the trade, lead tech in large company, always training on the newest technology
24031813

Small oven on Dacor ERD 48 range wont heat

Small oven on Dacor ERD 48 range won't heat
Have you self cleaned it or tried to broil with the door open. Does it work if you broil?
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Yes to both and no it won't work on broil. Self clean button does nothing now.
Does it act like it is working? but does not heat?
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Fan comes on, display goes to pre-heat. Light doesn't work and elementsdon't heat.
Remove power to the unit. Open the oven door and remove the screws around the vent. Look for the little peice behind the lock assembly that has two black wires going to it. In the middle of that is a little red button. You need to push it until it clicks. This will reset the TOD. Put the vent grill back on and test. Let me know when this is done and we will see if we can reset the fan temp to avoid this in the future.
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
I tried pushing the red button and it seems stuck. I'll try to push harder.
Let me know if it resets
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
It reset and works. How do I reset fan temp?
Push broil and set to high, push and hold broil until it comes up with 000, use the arrows to move to 200 then hit cancel. This will reset the temp for both sides. If it does not come up 000 the control in your range is too old. Good job and have a good t-day.