MASTER-TECH
MASTER-TECH, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  30 years in the trade, lead tech in large company, always training on the newest technology
24031813

When I run my washer ( Whirlpool Duet Sport ) water pours out

Customer Question

When I run my washer ( Whirlpool Duet Sport ) water pours out just below the detergent tray. I'm guessing the passage way is blocked or perhaps a value stuck closed ?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  MASTER-TECH replied 7 years ago.

Is it coming out where the dipensor drawer goes in? Or is it coming out of the left side of the unit?

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
dispenser drawer lots of water, too.

Can you remove the drawer and hold your hand over the opening and start a cycle will it over flow here also?

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
yes.

If it is left alone for a minute will the water drain into the tub?

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
No it sits in the small well under the detergent tray. Can I remove the front to access the valve or blockage ?

With the drawer removed can you get your hand in and go to the bottom left and then towards the front. There should be bars on the exit hole that will catch large items. Below is a picture of what the dispenser looks like. This should help aid you in knowing where you are going.

DISPENSER PARTS

Let me know what you find. Thank you...

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
There are no bars over that area and can't get my hands in there. I'm betting a clog at the end of part number 14. Is there an valve in there or is it all gravity ?
It should go directly into the tub. If you unplug the unit and pull it out a bit to work behind it remove the three screws the secure the top. Slid the top back a little bit and the top can come off. From here you can remove the hose and check for the obstruction. You can squeeze the hose to feel for the obstruction but if it is big enough to block that hose make sure you remove it and not let it fall into the tub.
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Much thanks,
Let me know what you find, please?