built1950, Handyman
Experience:  Appliance Installer

i just bought a brand new 5th wheel, and it has the double

i just bought a brand new 5th wheel, and it has the double door, refrig. i took it out this past week-end for the first time. the refrig will only work on lp, not ac. what is wrong
Category: Appliance
Expert:  built1950 replied 6 years ago.
Most of the time it's a lack of power. Check the breaker, then confirm that the unit is getting power. If it still doesn't work you may have a bad heating element, you'll have to use Lp till you can replace it.

God Bless
Customer: replied 6 years ago.

it,s ot a laco of power i used a 50 amp box, it, s brand new, i should not have to put in a new heating element.

Expert:  built1950 replied 6 years ago.
I agree, but it's something only a test will tell. You may very well have gotten a bad element even brand spankin new. That has never happened to you before? Test it and see. The only other possibility would be a loose or broken connection but it's new, I know, these things happen, even on new equipment.

God Bless