built1950
built1950, Handyman
Experience:  Appliance Installer
19717507

hello the remote for my hampton bay ceiling fan does not work

hello the remote for my hampton bay ceiling fan does not work correctly. I still can control the fan but the light will no longer work and the fan off button does not work. What to do?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  built1950 replied 7 years ago.
If the light and fan functions still work with the pull chain then you need a new remote, either the transmitter or the receiver has failed and they are sold in sets. Simply buy new and install the receiver the same as the original (it's in the fan base).
If you have the same problem with the pull chains as with the remote the problem is in the fan. If you're up to it, parts can be obtained at this web site:

http://www.eceilingfans.com/hampton_bay_ceiling_fans.html

God Bless
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
there is no pull chain
Expert:  built1950 replied 7 years ago.
Sometimes they are removed when transmitter is installed, I like to leave them on. If you wish to test the components now you'll have to get a qualified electrician. Or you can replace the transmitter/receiver (kit available at Home Depot) and that may solve the problem.

God Bless