MASTER-TECH
MASTER-TECH, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  30 years in the trade, lead tech in large company, always training on the newest technology
24031813

I have A G.E. gas stove with electric ignition. It blew A circuit

I have A G.E. gas stove with electric ignition. It blew A circuit and when I turned the circuit on, the clock came on and the ignition would lite the burners, but the click, click of the ignition will not shut off. model jgbs20wea3ww
Category: Appliance
Expert:  MASTER-TECH replied 5 years ago.
Is it the top burners that are clicking or the oven?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
the top burners although now its down to one side
What blew the curcit? Was there any rewiring?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
no, nothing out of the ordinary. the only thing that happened was I took the front knobs off to clean them

Did you get water in under the burners? Unplug the unit if it is still.

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
It was just the knobs I don't see how I could get water under the burners
What blew the curcit?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
my ass hole husband who had no answers for me now tells me I probably did get water under the burners, so I guess you have answered my question

If the water is what blew the curcit it may have damaged one of the switches. With the unit unplugged remove the knobs. Use a hair dryer on low and dry the switches under where the knobs were. This can take quit a wial. You can leave it unplugged over night it you need to. Also you can still use the cook top with the power off.

If you need parts click here

Post me back later or in the morning and let me know if drying worked.

MASTER-TECH, Home Appliance Technician
Experience: 30 years in the trade, lead tech in large company, always training on the newest technology