Dave, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  34 years experience as a repair technician

I am replacing the drain pump on a GE PDW 7800 G00BB dishwasher.

I am replacing the drain pump on a GE PDW 7800 G00BB dishwasher. I am trying to remove the filter (part number 502) to gain access to the pump. It looks like the rim of the Sump Inlet (part 505) may be holding the filter in place. There is a screw on the GE parts drawing (part 817), but I am not sure where it is or if it is holding the filter in place too. Does anybody know how to remove the filter screen to get access to the drain pump??
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Dave replied 6 years ago.
The drain pump is accessed from beneath the dishwasher. You need to pull the DW out to change the pump.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Any tricks for getting the dishwasher out? There were no screws in place into the counter top. I loosened the legs. It seems like it should slide out but it doesn't.
Expert:  Dave replied 6 years ago.
They may go in from the side as an option, check the water line and power cord for enough slack.