MASTER-TECH, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  30 years in the trade, lead tech in large company, always training on the newest technology

I have a bosch diswasher that takes 3-4 hours for a regular

Customer Question

I have a bosch diswasher that takes 3-4 hours for a regular load. I believe it is
suppose to take 88 minutes? Is there a timer malfunction. I think the delay button
has been activated possibly???? When I hit regular wash it comes up on the readout
as 2 hr and starts the cycle right away. I have a model SHU5316UC/UC12. Is this
a situation where a technician should be called???
Category: Appliance
Expert:  MASTER-TECH replied 6 years ago.
Do all the cycles come up as 2H but rinse/hold?
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Yes they do

The issue is going to be with heating. The control board is likely at fault. Unplug or remove power to the unit. You will have to remove all the torx screws from the door line. Open the door and all the screws you see and the two that go in from the side. Undo the bottom ones first to remove the panel first. Then the contro panel ones. Take a photo of the wires in the control panel area. Makes it easier to not get the wires wrong for reassembly. Remove all the wires. Find the three release tabs on the back of the conrol.From here you can seperate the two halves of the control board.Look for a burn mark near where the red and grey wires go in. This is your heater relay. The control will need to be replaced. Locate the lock tabs to release the control from the frame. If you unit is less than five years old the part is likely under warranty.For parts go to Use part#266746 Should be around $130.

Thank you and good luck...

Customer: replied 6 years ago.

Thanks-not under warranty. Purchased 3/18/04. Just by 8 months!!! Thanks for your

You can always give Bosch a call and see if they might help you out?(NNN) NNN-NNNN/p>

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Super, thanks for your help!!!!!!!!!!!!
No problem good luck...