MASTER-TECH, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  30 years in the trade, lead tech in large company, always training on the newest technology

I need the dimensions, particularly the depth, of a GE dishwasher

Customer Question

I need the dimensions, particularly the depth, of a GE dishwasher model GSD680X
Category: Appliance
Expert:  MASTER-TECH replied 6 years ago.

Needs to be 24" deep. See page 3.

Click here for install manual

Thank you...

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
So this is the manual for that particular model: GSD680? It's 14 years old and I can't find anything on it. I am buying a newer model and need to make sure that the depth is accurate.
It was as close as I could get. The unit has not changed on the install for your style of unit. Make sure the fill and drian hoses enter low and close to the rear wall. If you hard wire is too short because it is on the other side than it used to be, Install an outlet and install a supply cord to the units junction box. Better for servicing the unit. Leave it accessable. Best in the cabinet under the sink.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Going to replace the unit with a Frigidaire unit (BGHD2433KW) with dimensions of 24W,25D,33.5H. Cuout must be 34.25H,24D, 24W for proper fit - didn't want to order and not have it fit. Will need to get installation kit, I'm sure.

Did you have a hard wood or tile floor put in?

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Many of these units are a bit smaller just behing the face frame. They can be rocked in the top going in last.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Not sure I understand what that means! I appreciate your help - still not sure what to do. Maybe should get a shallower model jsut to be safe.
The face frame that you see and the measurements are taken from is a bit taller than the rest of the unit. If you get the legs in first before the face frame the legs drop below the tile first and the face frame will then go under the counter. Only about a 1/2" at the most to play with.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Thank you. Not so much worried about the height - the depth is my greatest concern.

No problem. Have a good night.