Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.
10522817

How do I access the freezer fan motor

Customer Question

How do I access the freezer fan motor?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Bryan replied 7 years ago.
ok you need to remove more than just the back panel in this one, lets start whith a diagram, you will also need to remove part # XXXXX which in most cases will require removing the ice macker and auger assembly unpluging each as you remove them . slide part # XXXXX out then remove # XXXXX then you will see 1/4" screws all the way in the back holding # XXXXX on the first diagram, hope this helps, thanks Bryan
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Thanks for the diagrams. The part I am tryingto get to is #610. I'm not sure what part #67 is. Did you mean #167? If so, how do I get parts 249 and 164 out to get behind #167?
Expert:  Bryan replied 7 years ago.
yes , sorry typo, once you have that out you can get at the fan,parts # XXXXX and 249 are just rubber seals that just push in, they will come out when you take #167 out they just fill the gap in the sides, well wishes,thanks Bryan
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Thanks. I think I see now that the ice maker needs to come out completely.
Expert:  Bryan replied 7 years ago.
yes it does, these fans are a pain to get to, thats why I sent diagrams to help. thanks Bryan