built1950, Handyman
Experience:  Appliance Installer

I had a Bosch Aqua Star 2700ES-NG recently installed. The

I had a Bosch Aqua Star 2700ES-NG recently installed. The air vent has a 90 degree elbow that immediately connects to vent going through wall to outside. My question is about freezing. I live in northern Michigan. We have a lot of really cold weather in the winter. Is there a danager of freezing the appliance? If so how can i prevent this?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  built1950 replied 6 years ago.
The answer is no, it will not freeze. These units are popular in Canada and there are no reports of freezing.

God bless
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
I understand that these are used in cold climates. Typical installations have many feet of vent pipe before exiting to outside ( the maximum being 26 ft). There is only 7 to 8 inches between appliance and the outside.
Expert:  built1950 replied 6 years ago.
I've installed many of these units myself and 8" is quite common and preferable to longer runs which allow time for condensation to happen and freeze. You are much better off with a short run so don't worry.