Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.
10522817

The oven heats up to temperature just fine unless it is on

The oven heats up to temperature just fine unless it is on convection and then it doesn't get to temperature. There is also a burner indicator light that is always lit, even when the oven is off. I had a repairman out to fix the connvection part but it stopped heating up again. I will order the parts I need if I just knew what needed replacing in order to fix these two problems! With the holidays coming up, I am sad my oven isn't working properly. Can you help me???
Carol Seals XXX@XXXXXX.XXX
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Bryan replied 4 years ago.
let me check on this model and I will see what I can find out for you. thansk Bryan
Expert:  Bryan replied 4 years ago.
there can be several reasons for this, 1 the thermal fuse is blown, Part 5295432 the thermostat for the fan, Part(NNN) NNN-NNNN width=3 the convection heating element, Part(NNN) NNN-NNNN width=4 the relay, Part 748062there are just so many things that can cause this. these are complicated to work on also. you need to test all the parts above to see which is bad and this is complicated unfortunatly, I wish i had an excact answer for you but you will probably need to call for service again unfortunatly, this could even be the board again. wish i could tell you for sure, its hard enough working on these on site never mind online. I would sudjest calling someone if you need this by the holidays, thanks Bryan
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Is there anything in the computer that would cause the oven to come to temp on bake but not on Convection? What can I do to get the burner indicator light off? Is it a part specific to the burner or could that be the computer as well?
Expert:  Bryan replied 4 years ago.
well the light is for one of the top burmners correct? this light indicates a bad infinate switch. Part 747946this is the switch that controls the burner, and yes there is relays on the control that can cause the oven to heat on bake but not convection but you dont want to just replace the control (expensive) without knowing if thats the problem, there are so many veriables that can cause this that I cant venture to guess which is your problem, I really wish i could do more, sorry,thanks Bryan
Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience: 15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.