applianceguy, Customer Service
Experience:  Ten Years experience. Certified in most major brands Including Whirlpool Frigidaire maytag Amana.

My Roper washing machine wont spin or drain. Just hums.

Customer Question

My Roper washing machine won't spin or drain. Just hums.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  applianceguy replied 6 years ago.
Hi, can you give me the model # XXXXX under the lid ?
Customer: replied 6 years ago.

I found two numbers. One up high and one on the caution decal.

The one up high reads SM(NNN) NNN-NNNNA

The lower one reads W10132084-A

I do not recognize the model you gave, But I think I know what one you have. It sounds like your pump is blocked. You will have to remove the pump to check for something blocking it or to replace if necessary. Click on link below to see how to get to the pump.

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
There is no clickable link. Copy and paste does not work either.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.

This is what I got when I went directly to YouTube.

No videos found for

Come on guys. I need some help here.

It is hard to help when we are never online at the same time. You have to flip up the control panel. Unplug washer.You will either have screws in the front corners or the back corners, and some models do not have screws they have clips under the corners. If no screws use putty knife under front corners of control panel and push in clips. Flip control panel up and back. Release wire harness under the control panel. Remove two clips holding the back panel to the main cabinet(metal clips on top of cabinet). Insert flat screwdriver into front of clips and push back.Open the lid and pull cabinet toward you and off. The pump is at the bottom front. Release clips holding the pump and remove pump. Remove hoses from pump. You will get allot of water so have bucket and towels ready. Check for something stuck in the pump.