Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.
10522817

we have a new bottom freezer french door fridge # MF12568A

we have a new bottom freezer french door fridge # XXXXX that we put into our summer cottage. we close this house for the winter and turn off the heat. our caretaker was winterizing the cottage and needed to winterize the fridge. he read the book and it said to empty the resevoir. he called maytag and they refused to tell him how do do this.
can you help????
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Bryan replied 4 years ago.
can you check the model #? its not comming up, I can help with pictures and diagrams if you can get me the correct model, thanks Bryan
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

I am 8 hours away from the house and that is the model # XXXXX to me by the caretaker ( who is a plumber).

it is less than one year old with bottom freezer and two door with ice and water thru the left door ( when you face it).

It has deep shelves on the right door and a big pull out delly tray drawer in the middle. Ice maker takes up a bunch of the left side on door. it is maytag but looks alot like an LG

does rthat help

rk

Expert:  Bryan replied 4 years ago.
ok , without a model # XXXXX though to show you what the resevoir looks like. these are usually located behind the crisper drawer in the fresh food section, it could be just a rolled up coil of 1/4" plastic tubbing. its hard to say in your case though, it could also look like this,
Water reservoir with tubing and couplers
<a href=Appliance Part Mouse Over" width="120" height="94"/>Appliance Part Mouse Over
Mouse over to see other views. Everything you see is included in this part.
Part 224974
he will need to disconect the quick connects and blow the water out of the system, the qiuck connects look like these, Part 224974tell hoim to push the blue or red rings in towards the center and pull the tube out , this is all you should need, he should also take the water filter out until spring. hope this helps , thanks Bryan
Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience: 15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

this is great

is their anything else he needs to do to winterize other than disconnecting the water line?? thx