Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.

Im trying to replace the heater in a whirlpool wed9200sq0

Customer Question

I'm trying to replace the heater in a whirlpool wed9200sq0 dryer. I can not get it out to the heater box. It looks like you need to remove the heater box in order to do this, but I can't get this out to the dryer either. I need a diagram or set of instructions.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Bryan replied 6 years ago.
is this the heater you are trying to replace? Part(NNN) NNN-NNNN width=let me know thanks Bryan
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
yes thats the part
Expert:  Bryan replied 6 years ago.
well your in luck. I've done a few thousand of these.LOL , ok the best way to do this is remove the front bottom panel and on the right side you will see the heater assembly as shown in this diagram, #14 is the heater, remove part # XXXXX then remove the wires connected to it. then you need to remove screw marked 29 then pull the whole unit out. replace the heater and instal in reverse. hope this helps, thanks Bryan
Customer: replied 6 years ago.

I've already taken most of this apart the diagram refers to two part nuumber 29 screws are you talking about the one in the rear of the unit. if so how do get to it it's all the way in the back of the dryer.

Expert:  Bryan replied 6 years ago.
you will need to reach all the way back with a 1/4" rachet. thats the hardest part, you kinda have to feel your way on that.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Gotcha, thanks they did not make this one easy...
Expert:  Bryan replied 6 years ago.
no they did not, well wishes and thanks , Bryan, p.s. just remember where the wires came off, sometimes you can take a picture for reference.