Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.
10522817

Maytag Lat 4914aaeWasher stopped working. I put it on soak

Customer Question

Maytag Lat 4914aae Washer stopped working. I put it on soak cycle and when I went to spin the light didnt come on and nothing happened. the light does come on still when I put it back on soak. no other cycles are functioning Please tell me what it most likely is and what I need to fix.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Bryan replied 7 years ago.
most likely you need a lid switch for this, does this agitate at all? Part 1468this lid switch has a fuse in it when the fuse blows this means the lid switch is bad. check that. its located in the control panel up top. thanks Bryan
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
It doesn't agitate at all.
Thought a fuse on the house maybe blown at first but that was good.
I tested all cycles with the lid closed none worked except the light did turn on
the soak cycle.
When I go home I'll chk switch, can u specify which corner please?
Expert:  Bryan replied 7 years ago.
ok take the screws out along the top of the control panel and tip the controls forward. you will see the switch in the middle.
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
the fuse was burnt out so i fixed that helped it to start filling but it still wont agitate . what else do i need to do?
Customer: replied 7 years ago.

Expert:  Bryan replied 7 years ago.
did you just change the fuse? when these fuses bolw it means the whole lid switch is bad and needs to be replaced, let me know thanks Bryan
Customer: replied 7 years ago.

I did actually get an entire switch and it wont agitite still. What do you think it may still be?

Expert:  Bryan replied 7 years ago.
is the motor running?
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
all it will do is fill
Expert:  Bryan replied 7 years ago.

sorry having computer trouble, I'll be on tomorrow morning. I have to defrag the computer tonight. thanks Bryan