Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.

I have a Frigidaire oven, Model# PLEB30T8ACB. When I set the

I have a Frigidaire oven, Model# XXXXX When I set the digital thermostat for a certain temperature using normal "Bake" setting, the oven will heat to that temperature (say 350), then the heating element shuts off (but the digital read out stays on and on the set temperature (350). Any suggestions?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Bryan replied 6 years ago.
this is one of two possible problems, 1 the oven tempurater sensor , Part(NNN) NNN-NNNN width=or 2 the eoc (clock/timer) Part 499450 I would try the sensor first for its allot less money $40.00, where as the clock is $144.00 , you can get these @ hope this helps, thanks Bryan
Customer: replied 6 years ago.

The "Convection Bake" mode does not seem to exhibit this problem. Would that lead you to believe in either one or the other of your suggestions. Also, where in TN are you?

Expert:  Bryan replied 6 years ago.
I'm in Greeneville, east TN. its hard to say but it sounds more like the clock than the sensor from what your saying. but then again this has dual ovens correct? do either of the ovens work correctly in normal bake. ?
Customer: replied 6 years ago.

Upper oven works fine; lower is the problem.

Expert:  Bryan replied 6 years ago.
ok , is the lower oven the one with the convection or is the top convection?
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Unfortunately, I am at work right now, but I believe the controls are identical for both ovens (i.e. both have convenction function).
Expert:  Bryan replied 6 years ago.
ok when you get home let me know which one works correctly, there are 2 sensors , one for each oven. thanks Bryan
Customer: replied 6 years ago.

o.k., it's even weirder that I thought. The control panels for the two ovens are the same.

On the lower oven (the problem one), when I set a temperature for the bake mode, it doesn't do anything for a while, then the broiler element comes on (not full blast, just kinda medium) and heats the oven to the set temperature, then shuts off. The lower (bake) element never even comes on.Should I check the lower element for continuity?

Expert:  Bryan replied 6 years ago.
yes . the broil comes on for preheat only so it shuts off after its up to temp. the bake is the only one that comes on to keep the oven at temp. shut the breaker off before testing this it has a live wire to it at all times. if you pull the element out with it live you can short the clock out and then you will be in trouble, not to mention you could get shocked! let me know I believe the element is bad. thanks Bryan
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Makes sense. Whatever happened to just removing two screws to get the element out. These ovens are installed in a cabinet. Do I have to pull the whole ovens out to get to the element?
Expert:  Bryan replied 6 years ago.
there shoule be two 1/4 " screws holding this in, are there not? heres a diagram to help it shows two holes. hope this helps, I cant do much more until you can get it out and test for continuity. thanks Bryan