How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Bryan Your Own Question
Bryan
Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Category: Appliance
Satisfied Customers: 12156
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.
10522817
Type Your Appliance Question Here...
Bryan is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

R-1610 microwave makes louder than normal noise and does not

Resolved Question:

R-1610 microwave makes louder than normal noise and does not heat. What's wrong?
Submitted: 7 years ago.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Bryan replied 7 years ago.
the problem is either the magnetron or the high voltage transformer. these are expensive parts and is usually more cost effective to replace the microwave unfortunatly, the other problem is these are extremely dangerous to work on, please read this, CPSC Banner

Consumer Product Safety Commission

Electrocution Hazard with Do-It-Yourself Repairs of Microwave Ovens

CPSC Document #5061

The U. S. Consumer Product Safety Commission (CPSC) warns against do-it-yourself repairs of microwave ovens. Each year, on average, four people die from electrocution trying to repair their microwave ovens. Microwave ovens use high voltage which makes it particularly hazardous for consumers to remove the cover and touch electrical parts. The possibility for electrical shock from a microwave oven still exists even after the oven is disconnected from the power source. Should certain internal devices fail, even unplugged ovens can cause serious injury.

The Commission strongly recommends that consumers have professionals repair microwave ovens because electrical appliances can be hazardous if consumers expose live electrical parts.



/!\ WARNING

ELECTROCUTION HAZARD
HIGH VOLTAGE

Removing the cover of your microwave oven and touching an electrical part can kill you.

Have a professional repair your microvave oven , please concider either having a tech repair this or replace the unit. thanks Bryan
Bryan and 3 other Appliance Specialists are ready to help you

Related Appliance Questions