Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.

Chas, do you know of any water leak problems with maytag Atlantis

Chas, do you know of any water leak problems with maytag "Atlantis" washing machine? Model MAV 7650 AWW
chase is offline, this is Bryan, you will need to replace the spin tub seal in this, Part 1789this is a huge job and you will need special tools to do this , you can get this @ for under $40.00 you maybe better off replacing the whole tub and bearing seal assembly # XXXXX on this diagram, hope this helps, thanks Bryan
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Bryan, is the tool needed a special spanner wrench and would i need a wheel puller?
the spanner wrench is what you need, not sure if you will need a wheel puller on this , if you do go to autozone and get one on their loaner program, that way you wont have to buy one, thanks Bryan
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Should I get the transmission out and up on bench to replace these parts? Where can I get the spanner wrench? RC appliance too?
you dont remove the transmission just the inner tub assembly , and the seal under it, you can get the spanner wrench @ thanks Bryan