MRANSWER, Home Appliance Technician

Sears Kenmore Oasis Canyon Washing machine, Model # 110.27062602.

Customer Question

Sears Kenmore Oasis Canyon Washing machine, Model # XXXXX Service Tech spread sheet states: "If the P5 connector resistance is much higher than 16 ohms, or the P10 connector resistance is out of range, go to Step 7." We're talking about the stator here. How much *exactly* is "much higher?" Specs are specs; "much higher" is moronic. Machine is drawing an F51 code. Continuity tests on harness passed. Measurement on stator is 31.2 Ohms on every leg. Already installed a new machine motor controller on top. Was throwing F51 & F71 codes before that, now just throwing F51 code & will not let machine complete cycle.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  MRANSWER replied 6 years ago.
You need to replace the rotor sensor. That is what the issue is.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
I'm sorry; that doesn't answer the question. It doesn't tell me what me whether or not the stator is OK. The specs call for a reading of 16 Ohms or not **much higher** than that. I do not know what is considered **much higher** in Kenmore-ess speak. The reading I'm getting is 31.2 Ohms, or almost twice the 16 Ohms listed in the tech sheet. It could be that just the stator is bad. It could be that both the stator and the RPS are bad. It could be that just the RPS is bad--but then why the 31.2 ohm reading? I'd just as soon not replace both ($$$) since this set cost over $2200.00 just 2 years ago. So the answer I'm looking for is what is considered **much higher** than 16 Ohms and could it be that just the stator is bad if 31.2 ohms is in fact **much higher** & therefore causing the problem.
Expert:  MRANSWER replied 6 years ago.
Those stators do not go bad in my experience. The sensor comes as a kit because this was such a problem. Don't need to make this more of an issue than what it really is.