Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.

Fridge and freezer are both at 53F since this morning. Motor

Customer Question

Fridge and freezer are both at 53F since this morning. Motor is running. Both temp controls set to maz cold. What is wrong? Model no = LSD2615HEW.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Bryan replied 4 years ago.
do you see any frost on the back panel inside the freezer? is thye compressor running? is it hot or cold? let me know thanks Bryan
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
I see no frost. Air is being circulated inside the freezer. It's cool air.
Expert:  Bryan replied 4 years ago.
ok do you hear any buzzing or clicking comming from the compressor? is the fan next to the compressor running?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
I hear no buzzing or clicking. All sounds seem normal. How do I tell if the fan is running? I do feel air coming through the vent slats at the rear of the freezer.
Expert:  Bryan replied 4 years ago.
you need to check the one in the back near the compessor ,pull the refrigerator away from the wall to check,
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Fan is running.
Expert:  Bryan replied 4 years ago.
ok you need to take the back panel off inside the freezer and check the frost pattern of the coils , let me know what they look like, thanks Bryan
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
There is no frost or ice at all.
Expert:  Bryan replied 4 years ago.
on the coils themselves? this means the compressor isnt running. you have a bad compressor relay, Part(NNN) NNN-NNNN width=these are cheap, $27.00 @ http://www.repairclinic.com/SSPartDetail.aspx?s=t-LSD26115HEW-%3d%3di1159182&PartID=1159182 this just plugs into the side of the compressor and is easy to change. these go bad allot, hope this helps, thanks Bryan
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Is the compressor the black domed metal thing on the right side (looking from rear with panel off)? Is the relay the device to the left of that?
Expert:  Bryan replied 4 years ago.
yes its on the left side, this is easy to fix, there may be a wire type braket holding it on remove that and it just pulls off, thanks Bryan
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
I know you sent a picture of the part, but the part I just removed is rectangular with two pins/blades. Is this the relay and is this all I have to replace (I understand you might not be correct)?
Expert:  Bryan replied 4 years ago.
well there are two pieces to the relay. you probably pull the capacitor off of the relay. this kinda piggybacks the relay. sometimes they change the relay and what it looks like so yours may look different.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Does the other half just pull off too?
Expert:  Bryan replied 4 years ago.
yes , this has a three prong plug that plugs onto the compressor, you may need to get a screw driver behind it and gently pry it,

Edited by a1speedyappliance on 11/15/2009 at 9:51 PM EST
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Exactly how does the electrical connector come off. I've tried squeezing it, but it won't come off off.
Expert:  Bryan replied 4 years ago.
are you talking about the wires? you will need a very small thin screw driver to push down into the clip holes to release the 1/4" connectors.
Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience: 15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Thank you!
Expert:  Bryan replied 4 years ago.
your welcome , well wishes, thanks Bryan
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
I replaced the relay 2.5 hours ago. Still no cold air. It's the same as before.
Expert:  Bryan replied 4 years ago.
this could take about 24 hours to stablize, is it any better now?. let me know if not your compressor is bad. Bryan