John, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Appliance repair business owner for over 43 years.
12064207

Im replacing the lid lock switch on a Frigidaire clothes washer.

I'm replacing the lid lock switch on a Frigidaire clothes washer. The old switch has two terminal for wires. The new switch has 4 terminals ( It has a small micro switch mounted to the side of the main switch ) The old switch sounds like the micro switch is internally mounted. How do I connect the new switch?

Frigidaire Model FWS445RFS2 Clothes washer
Old switch #131675600 ( 2 wire terminals )
New switch #134101800 ( 4 wire terminals )

Thank You,
Dave Tarantino XXX@XXXXXX.XXX
Category: Appliance
Expert:  John replied 4 years ago.

Hi thanks for the question.

Try the wires on the micro switch and see if it works if not try the other terminals if no go send it back for the old style.It wont short out while trying this.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
The old switch (#131675600 which has just two terminals for wires) has been replaced by switch #134101800 which has the two wiring terminals like the old switch and two wiring terminals on the micro switch that is attahed to the side of the main switch unit.
The old switch seems to have had the microswitch built in inside of it and the new switch has the micro switch on the outside. Has there been a service bulletin regarding this change along with how to properly connect the wiring to the new switch?
Expert:  John replied 4 years ago.

Both those numbers come out to the same switch

.Dont use the micro switch terminals it will be ok that way.It is the replacement.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Also, when the washer is running,when it goes from cycle to cyle (wash to rinse to spin) the timer stops and you have to manually move it to the next step/cycle and it runs through that particular cycle and stops and you have to again manually turn the knob to the next part of the wash until it completes the entire wash cycle. Could this be related to the lid switch and/or the external microswitch on the new switch?
Thank you.
Expert:  John replied 4 years ago.
By pass the lid switch and try the cycles again if it keeps going the I would say yes.I could not find any information on the switch.No service bulletin on it.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Ok, I'll see how it runs with the new switch in a few days
Thank You
Expert:  John replied 4 years ago.

Your welcome .

Thanks and God Bless

John, Home Appliance Technician
Experience: Appliance repair business owner for over 43 years.