The Information requested regarding Kenmore Automatic Washer
Hope this helps,
a1speedy appliance, 11.30 pm Saturday 11-14-09
I was at not home went I received your second reply.
I do not know if the leaking water got in the motor.
After the Clamp was secured on the hose connected to the tub,
1. the washer was loaded with cloths
2. the washer fill with water, and soap was added
3. the washer started agitating and washing the cloths
4. half way through the washing cycle, and before the spin cycle,
the washing machine stopped agitating and the lights in the room went out.
The tub was filled with water, soap and wet coths.
No water was released or leaked out
5. The washing machine was unplugged from the wall outlet.
6. A new 15 amp fuse was placed in the basement fuse box.
7. The light came back on in the laundry room
8. The washing machine was plugged back into the wall outlet
and immediately there was a spark in wall outlet and the light when out.
9. Item 8 was repeated again with a new fuse in the basement fuse box
and the same thing happend againg.
Is their a connection to the motor, that if wet will short outs
If the lid switch gets wet, will it also cause a short?
Hope this helps
See my reply above
I have check the wall socket with an shop light.
The socet works fine.
The fuse only blows when I plug in the washing machine
This a long process.
I plugges a 1500 watt hair drying into the outlet. That should be about
10 ammps, The fuse did not blow.
Plugging the washing machine immediately blow the fuse.
What part inside the washer could be causing this
If the washing machine is turn off, the unit can be plugged in without blowing the fuse.
Then if the knob is pull out to start the fuse blows and the room lights go out.
1. How would I check out the motor?
2. Does the motor have a fuse that can be replased?