a1speedy appliance, 11.30 pm Saturday 11-14-09
I was at not home went I received your second reply.
I do not know if the leaking water got in the motor.
After the Clamp was secured on the hose connected to the tub,
1. the washer was loaded with cloths
2. the washer fill with water, and soap was added
3. the washer started agitating and washing the cloths
4. half way through the washing cycle, and before the spin cycle,
the washing machine stopped agitating and the lights in the room went out.
The tub was filled with water, soap and wet coths.
No water was released or leaked out
5. The washing machine was unplugged from the wall outlet.
6. A new 15 amp fuse was placed in the basement fuse box.
7. The light came back on in the laundry room
8. The washing machine was plugged back into the wall outlet
and immediately there was a spark in wall outlet and the light when out.
9. Item 8 was repeated again with a new fuse in the basement fuse box
and the same thing happend againg.
Is their a connection to the motor, that if wet will short outs
If the lid switch gets wet, will it also cause a short?
Hope this helps