Dave, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  34 years experience as a repair technician

I have a GH7145FXB Microwave with a bad original wave guide.

Customer Question

I have a GH7145FXB Microwave with a bad original wave guide. I got a replacement for it but it is completely different Part #(NNN) NNN-NNNNinlet cover and it has no instructions can you help me?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Dave replied 6 years ago.
There should be little plastic retainers that hold the new part in place, but first you need to clean around the hole and make sure to sand off any burnt spots. Then you need to apply a silicone bead in the outer channel of the new cover, also clean off the wave guide stirrer with the supplied wetnaps.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
There are 2 covers in the kit one clear yellow the other solid white use both or just pick one?
The old cover is like cardboard will the old retainers just pop out with a good jerk or or maybe a prying of a screwdriver?
Expert:  Dave replied 6 years ago.
The old retainers will pop out. The white one is usually used on this model, they have slightly different patterns for the mounting holes.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Thank you I'll take it from here I just didn't want to screw it up Thanks
Expert:  Dave replied 6 years ago.
Your Welcome.