Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.
10522817

i am working on a ge refrig, with a defrost problem. it is

i am working on a ge refrig, with a defrost problem. it is model gsh25kgmbbb serial ma202411, i have replaced the main board in the back of the refrig and got a call back on it today. it is iced up again on the evap. i jumped j9 to j11 on the board and the heater came on amd glowed bright orange. what could be causing this model to ice up if i already changed the board and the heater and bi-metal are good?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Bryan replied 7 years ago.

I have run into this a few times. you will need to replace the thermistors in this.also known as the temperature sensors, I had to go back on one of these three times before I figured it out, Part 914093I believe there are two in this model in the freezer, one on the bottom and one at the top of the condensor coils, I'm having trouble with my computer and getting my files open to check the model but you also have one or two inside the fresh food section, I generally change all of them to be sure. they are cheap and should take care of this. hope this helps , thanks Bryan

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
you said there are two thermistors, one at the top and one at the bottom of the condensor coils? did you mean at the top and bottom of the evaporator coil?
Expert:  Bryan replied 7 years ago.
I'm sorry evaporator, coils. actually there should be one on the top and one at the bottom left side not on the coils but on the very bottom in a little plastic cup piece . # XXXXX in this diagram,