Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.

I have a side by side refridge mod GLHS66EJWO - over a two

I have a side by side refridge mod GLHS66EJWO - over a two hour period this moning I washed the interior and had the door open for extended periods but not all the time. Now I am getting a beeping warning and it appears the frigde side is not cooling. Is there a reset?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Bryan replied 6 years ago.
how long have you had this shut and cooling since you cleaned it? these can take up to twenty four hours to stablize again. yours shouldnt take that long though. do you have a temperature gage to put in this? this may just need time to recover, Bryan
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
It is only 9 months old and no problems. I shut it off with the internal switch for maybe 45 minutes but that didn't help. The internal digital has the refridge up to 61 and the freezer at 0. I unplugged it 65 minutes ago, thought I'd wait 90 before plugging back in unless you have other idea. So I think the freezer section is working; is that possible? If I leave it plugged in is there anything I can do about the beeper; it will drive up made and keep us up all night?
Expert:  Bryan replied 6 years ago.
theres nothing you can do to shut off just the beeping , do you see any frost on the back panel inside the freezer?
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Don't see any frost up top under the icemaker, didn't look lower, freezer is full. Its still under warranty, tech coming in the morning. Am hoping something simple.
Expert:  Bryan replied 6 years ago.
I believe you have a defrost issue but if someone is comming out you dont want to touch and void the warranty, I wish I could tell you a way to shut the beeper off sorry. this may however stop by itself if the refrigerator stablizes, hope this was helpfull, thanks, XXXXX XXXXX wishes. Bryan