Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.
10522817

I have cleared the vent stack and there is not a blockage.

I have cleared the vent stack and there is not a blockage. The dryer will not heat up properlly. The dryer timer still does not advance in autodry, but it does in the timed drying function. But under any circumstance it is not getting to proper heat levels. Does the timer control this?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Bryan replied 7 years ago.

you may need a thermostat,or gas coil soleniods, this gets hot some correct? try the dryer with the vent disconnected from the dryer and let me know if it drys better. thanks Bryan

Customer: replied 7 years ago.

disconnecting the vent stack did not create any noticable increase in temperature.

Expert:  Bryan replied 7 years ago.

ok it sounds like you need the gas valve coils, these open and hold open the gas valve, Part 686303Part 686306this is a common failer on these, they get weak and need to be replaced, you can get these @

http://www.repairclinic.com/Appliance-Parts?s=t-WGD5530SQ0-%3d%3de you need to order both, Gas Dryer Guts

Customer: replied 7 years ago.

It is now several months later. The gas valve coils were the problem and they fixed it in NOvember.

Now I did have a blockage at the exterior of the vent. I cleared it and now the dryer will not heat up even if I take the stack off the back completely. What should I do next?

Customer: replied 7 years ago.

It is now several months later.  The gas valve coils were the problem and they fixed it in NOvember.

Now I did have a blockage at the exterior of the vent.  I cleared it and now the dryer will not heat up even if I take the stack off the back completely.   What should I do next?