Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.

i have GE Profile Bottom Freezer refrigerator. Its appox.

i have GE Profile Bottom Freezer refrigerator. It's appox. 2 years old. I discovered this morning that although the electric to the unit is on (lights are on in the refrig) THE FAN AND COMPRESSOR AREN'T WORKING. I unplugged it and replugged it into the outlet. Both came on for approx 30 seconds and then shut down again.

Any idea what the problem maybe?

Hugh Rendina
let me check your model, thanks Bryan
you will need to change the mother board in this, Main Control Board WR55X10942 - Click Image to Close this is located on the back of the refrigerator behind a cover. you can get this @ this will fix your problem, thanks Bryan
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Is this a board that simply snaps in the back? can I do it my self?
you can do it yourself, when you get the cover off it will unplug, there are little plastic holders holding the board in place, release these and pull the board out. there are instuctions with the board. thanks Bryan