Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.
10522817

My Thermador GPS486GDS has a lighting issue with the far left

My Thermador GPS486GDS has a lighting issue with the far left extra low burner. The back burner works and you hear a hiss when you turn it on, however the front burner makes no sound other than the igniter trying to light.
I do not smell gas when the knob is on, no hiss, nor will it light.
The rest of the burners are all working.

What could be wrong and what part should be orderd to fix?
Thank you
Bill
Customer: replied 7 years ago.

CORRECT--WILL NO LIGHT WITH MATCH

No sound comes from it when you turn the burner on like it does from the back "low" burner

I have a parts listing--can you tell me what part # XXXXX need?

Thnaks

Bill:

sure its part # XXXXX but it changes over to part #
415500 on the Sears site. hope this helps, thanks, Bryan
Customer: replied 7 years ago.

Is this the control valve part # XXXXX for the EXTRALOW BURNER?

IS THERE A DIFFERENCE BETWEEN THE EXTRALOW AND THE OTHER 4 BURNERS.

its really difficult to make it out on this diagram, I'm not there so i dont know which one controls that burner, heres the diagram look at it and see which # XXXXX the diagram runs that burner, thats the one you need, thanks Bryan
heres the parts list that click here. http://www.searspartsdirect.com/partsdirect/getModel!retrieve.pd?pop=true&modelNumber=GPS486GDS go to the second unit on the list, thanks Bryan
Customer: replied 7 years ago.

Thank you

I ordered #13 10-15-158L

To replace it, do you access it from the front or do you gave to go from the top side by removing the burners and burner pan?

I believe the front on this, the diagrams as i said are difficult to read. but I'm pretty sure from the front. thanks Bryan
Customer: replied 7 years ago.

Byran:

It was not the valve. I replaced it and it still did not work. I then switched the Potentiometer from the working one to the nonworking burner and it worked, Unfortunately Sears Direct cannot get the part, Do know of a source for part 20-01-872?

Thank you Bill

if this is what you need this will take some research, give me a while i just got in from a long day. thanks Bryan, Part(NNN) NNN-NNNN width=
after looking every possible place I connot locate this part as of yet.I will continue a few more places but this may not be avaliable, Bryan, I did however find some info that may help you, this potentionmeter is suppose to replace the one you have ,Part(NNN) NNN-NNNN width=but I would call them and make sure, this is the site that has this, http://www.repairclinic.com/SSPartDetail.aspx?s=t-422748-%3d%3di1105578&PartID=1105578 I really hope this helps, thanks Bryan

Edited by a1speedyappliance on 11/15/2009 at 1:23 AM EST