Dave, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  34 years experience as a repair technician

I have a KitchenAid bottom-mount refrigerator model KBFA25ERSS01.

Customer Question

I have a KitchenAid bottom-mount refrigerator model KBFA25ERSS01. It started leaking yesterday. There are no obvious leaks from the icemaker or the water dispenser inside. The water line to the unit is dry as well. When I close the water line supply valve, the leak stops after a few minutes. When I open the valve, the leak resumes. Laying on the floor with a flashlight, I can see water dripping directly underneath the unit, just left of center and about halfway back.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Dave replied 6 years ago.
It sounds like a leaking water valve, you would need to pull the unit out and remove the back cover where the water line enters and look to see if the connector or the valve are leaking.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
I assume the water valve is where the water line from the house attaches to the fridge. This is the back right corner. The leak is left. Is there a line under the fridge the water could be running along until it hits a low spot and drips?
Expert:  Dave replied 6 years ago.
Yes,if you take off the back cover, you will be able to see the leak, and a pinhole can spray to another area.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
I'll be danged. The water inlet valve is leaking thru a pinhole in the top of one of the cylinders. Is this common?
Expert:  Dave replied 6 years ago.
No, but when you see nothing but broken appliances all day, you learn where to look.