Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.

I have a GEpdw7800 Dishwasher. Intermittently, when I shut

I have a GEpdw7800 Dishwasher. Intermittently, when I shut the door and push the button to start the cycle, it won't start filling and turn on. The "minutes of washing" indicator keeps going down, but nothing ever starts. After opening and closing several times, it finally starts to run. Sometimes when I shut the door, the lights on the panel are on, sometimes they stay off. Sometimes when I push on the RH side of the door, the lights will come on.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Bryan replied 6 years ago.
the most likely cause for this is the door interlock swicth, Part(NNN) NNN-NNNN width=you can get this @ for around $15.00 replace this before going any futher. let me know thanks Bryan
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
hmmm, you made me remember something.....whether it actually starts or not, there is always a click on the left-hand side/top of door, and then it sounds like some kind of small vent is closing, when I shut the door. Does that additional info effect your answer? I don't know whether that's the door interlock switch operating or not.
Expert:  Bryan replied 6 years ago.
well its hard to say, that is a vent closing , on this one there are two micro switches inside the door lock , it sounds like one isnt connecting all the time , these machines are though to fix, but these are a common problem. from what your saying the lights dont always come on it sounds like the switch, the other major problem with these is the control itself, thats $150.00 Part(NNN) NNN-NNNN width=I would try the switch first.